Sunday, January 11, 2009

Go Eagles!!

John is so excited that the Eagles beat the Giants today and are only one win away from a trip to the Super Bowl. Who would have thought they had a chance considering the beginning of their season?

Not much else going on with us. John has been pretty much out of commission this weekend after finishing the second week of chemo. He is very fatigued and the nausea has been pretty bad even with three different anti-nausea meds on board. Since I had to work this weekend, John's mom has been in town to help out, and I know he is enjoying that.

Work is going well for me. I started my first IV today, which I was so proud about. Especially because John and I had a little deal going. His oncology nurse (at the hospital where I work) had offered to let me start his IV last week because she knew that I hadn't had a chance to start one yet, but John was not really down with me using him for "practice." We both tried convincing him that he should let me, but instead he made the deal that if I successfully did an IV between now and two weeks from now (when he goes in for his last week of chemo), that I could do his next IV. He made the deal because he knows that I rarely get the chance to do IV's. By the time patients get to our floor they are coming from the OR or the ER, so they usually already have IV access. But lucky me, my patient's access blew today, so I got to give it a try and I got it in on the first shot. Poor John might actually have to follow through on his deal.

Anyway, I really should be off to bed, but instead I am tooling around here on the Internet...

4 comments:

Steve and Allison Alles said...

Yeah Sara! It is such a confidence booster to get your first IV started. We will continue to pray for strength for John as he continues his chemo.

Ronnie Bahn said...

Great Job Sara!!! I'm excited to come up to visit you guys in two weeks. Tell John to keep the strenght and we are continuing to pray for him daily.

deb said...

Randy is excited about the Eagles / Steelers game tomorrow too. RJ is coming to watch the game with him as I am not really a fun football buddy. Go Eagles!

deb said...

Sorry, I messed that up... it's supposed to be that he wants the Eagles to beat the Cardinals (did I get it right that time?) *and* the Steelers to win so they will end up playing each other... see I am not much of a football buddy ;-)