Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Boy...oh, boy!

Well, as most of you know we had the joy of finding out the sex of our little one today.
The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!!

John had been rooting for a boy all along, so he is on top of the world today. I will admit I had been hoping for a little girl (Bill, I know you were on my team...), but was just so happy to see a healthy baby, and I am getting used to the idea of thinking of him as a boy now.

I also had to have a vascular ultrasound done to rule out a DVT in my leg. All is as it should be...both mom and baby are healthy. Here are a few picks from today's ultrasounds:

He's very obviously a boy...
I could see it before she even pointed it out,
and he certainly wasn't shy about showing it to us.
He wasn't cooperating with the US tech
who needed to get some pictures of his face.
He seems to spend most of his time curled up with his face against the wall.
When we went to the next US later for the vascular study,
he was a little more cooperative for the tech,
so he showed us his face for a brief moment.
Here's a little profile pic.

3 comments:

Steve and Allison Alles said...

Yeah!! You must be thrilled! Glad to hear that your leg checked out okay too.

Lisa said...

I think the profile one is super cute!

Wendy S. Rian said...

Wow! I love it Bel! It's too exciting. Hey, I finally decided to start my own blog... you inspired me. :-)