Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Almost 10 Weeks!

Our little guy will be 10 weeks old on Friday. It's hard to believe so much time has gone by already. And at almost 13lbs...he's really not that "little" anymore either.

The last 10 weeks that I have been able to be home with Jack have been great. I feel so fortunate that I could have so much time with him before heading back to work. But, all good things must come to an end, and this week is my first week back.

I actually worked my first shift on Sunday, which was sort of a trial run. John was home with Jack, and all went well. Tomorrow is the first day of day care. John and I met with Sue and feel comfortable with her, but it doesn't change the fact that I am nervous about leaving him tomorrow. I don't know how much babies do and don't comprehend at this point, but I just pray that he doesn't get afraid in an unfamiliar setting with unfamiliar faces.

Anyway, here are just a couple more pics of my "peanut."

This one was taken by Aunt Lisa when we were home for Christmas.
She got a lot of cute pics, but I think this is our fave!
Last week he had his first boo-boo.
Occasionally he gets really frantic with his hands,
and he managed to cut his nose with his finger nail...
I swear, I really do trim them, but they just grow right back.
He is becoming so animated.
In the last couple weeks, he has started to smile a lot, and his laugh is so sweet.

No comments: