Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The end of summer...

I can't believe summer has flown by so fast. It seems like no time at all since I graduated and started my job, but now here we are near the end of August already. John actually had his first day of school today.

Since my last post, we have been trying to enjoy some of our summer. John's family was up in Rhody, and we stayed with them at the amazing house they rented in Jamestown, RI. It was beautiful. Good times, good views, good eats...

I enjoyed snapping some pictures while we were there. Some really cute ones of our nephew Liam. Also having Narragansett Bay literally in the backyard provided great opportunities for photographs as well. Here are some of the faves:

Our backyard dockOn one of the days of bad weather, I snapped shots of what I thought was a tornado, but what was actually called a waterspout...which is really just a type of tornado.
This was literally right off our back deck. Kind of cool...
Taking pictures of Liam at the beach was fun. In a two hour timespan I managed to take over 200 pictures...I can't imagine what will happen when we have kids of our own...
Liam the future quarterbackSunrise on the bay - view from the backyard...not too shabby.