Monday, October 19, 2009

Passing the Time...

What a great weekend! We went down to Philly for a short visit this past weekend for a friend's wedding, and also a baby shower. The drive down could have been a little better, as I required a few stops to deal with being sick, but the weekend was fun, and I felt relatively okay.

Maureen & Chandler's wedding was beautiful. It was great to see everyone one last time before we have baby in tow. Also, John's sisters took advantage of friends being in town for the wedding, and threw us a wonderful baby shower brunch. We are so thankful for such generous friends and family! As for me, I have officially passed the first week of my maternity leave. Being off work has its perks, but I have to admit, I mostly feel as though I am kind of bored. I shouldn't be because there are about a hundred things I could do around the house here that probably should be done before Jack arrives...but really, if I wanted to do those things they would have been done already and not firmly planted on that mental to do list that never really gets done. : )

So instead of doing all that stuff that I should do but don't want to do, I am starting a couple projects. First, I am making a baby book. I decided to do a hybrid of a standard baby book, a digital scrapbook, and photo album. I just didn't really like any of the ones I saw in the store, so now I have a little project for myself. I'll have to post some pages as I start making them. I also started knitting Jack a blanket about 4 months ago, and the progress stalled pretty quickly after it started, so I better get cracking on that as well.

Anyway, the other new trend seems to be that I wake up really early in the morning and don't fall back asleep. John thinks my body is preparing itself for a "baby schedule." Maybe, but for now I would rather have the sleep. Although, I must admit, getting to the grocery store at 6:45am to get a quick shopping trip done is really nice. You get the closest parking spot, you pretty much get the whole store to yourself, and no lines at the checkouts. That's because all the normal people are still in bed. Oh well, all the more time to get to work on my new projects.

No comments: